Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Some Good Poker Playin'

Last night I went to a different place to play poker. I was soon very surprised by the way people were playing, they were actually playing poker, not just calling a hand because its their roommates birthday, or the anniversary of the first time getting laid! It was an actual pleasure playing with the people at my table. The night started out with about 45 people and I took tenth place. I'm not happy about my finish but I am happy with the way I played, there was not one thing I would have done differently if given the chance. The hand that I feel was the best play for me involved an all-in ahead of me, I look down at KsQs on the button, no callers to this point so I call (only 5% of my stack) and the small blind calls. Flop: Qd 6d 6s, we both check (at this point I don't like betting into a dry sidepot), turn is a Qc giving me the boat and small blind bets the pot, I sit back and put on my best "pained" look and call (obviously), river is 8d, small blind pushes all-in and I insta-call, the initial all-in mucks his cards and walks away from the table, the small blind flips his cards (now I'm thinking he either has the other queen or a six) and shows a rivered flush and actually starts to pull in the chips! I flip my queen and show him the boat and he just sinks. Kind of felt bad for him but only for a second, he should have never bet with a board that looks like that! Well I have class tonight so no poker for me unless the prof lets us out early.

No comments: